Can I use Meta refresh?
A Meta refresh is a simple type of redirect, you can define as meta tag in the head of a html. The Meta refresh redirects an user to a new URI directly or an amount of time. But can I use meta refresh for seo and user experience?
This meta refresh means, that this html-page should redirect the use after 1 second to http://www.redirect-checker.org/.
- W3C.org has deprecated this META element. Webdevelopers should not use this tag. [W3C]
- Meta refresh is not supported by all browsers
- Meta refresh can be confusing to users. It disrupts browser history and causes disorientation to users.
- This redirect type is slower than other redirects
- Meta refresh can pass some link juice, but in generell, don't try to use them for SEO.